Date of Posting: June 14 2019
Immediately Available Job Position:
Television News and Events Editor
● Using creative and editorial judgment in coordinating the coverage of news and events
broadcasted on ITV.
● Will work closely with the programming team to pitch stories and content ideas in
consideration of viewer feedback and audience appeal.
● Will strategically plan and coordinate the coverage of big events such as the New York India
Parade and other cultural holidays.
● Will also oversee the film and graphic editors and confer on proposed programming
regarding changes in content, style, and organization.
● Additionally will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing proposed programming to
ensure it confirms to government broadcasting regulations and ITV’s on air standards. This
will include reviewing for errors, verifying facts and dates, ensuring foreign language
programming is accurately subtitled and translated, monitoring the on-air feeds for
discrepancies or outdated spots.
● Supervising and training the programming team on broadcasting, coordinating with
producers, hosts, and broadcast engineers to ensure there are no booking
schedules and resolve any conflicts in studio bookings without major disruptions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Media or related field. Four (4) months of Media and/or related work
experience required. Must have in depth knowledge of Indian/South Asian Media.
Full-time; M-F; 40 hours per week
Please mail cover letter, resume and list of references to:
ITV Gold, Second Floor,
36-01 36th Avenue, Long Island City, New York 11106